Service and achievementsBy Styliana Resvanis
Published: April 20th, 2015 • Category: Awards, Community Health & Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Faculty Recognition, Health Outcomes and Policy, Medicine, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pediatrics, Physiology and Functional Genomics, Psychiatry, Radiology, Surgery
Click here to read about Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Mary Lou Behnke, M.D.
The University of Florida College of Medicine hosted its annual faculty appreciation reception to recognize faculty members for their years of service and demonstrated leadership and dedication to education, research and clinical practice.
The event, hosted by College of Medicine Dean Michael L. Good, M.D., April 1 at the UF President’s House, began with a welcome to the college’s new faculty members and a moment of remembrance for late professors Richard Smith, M.D., (founding chair of the department of pediatrics) and William Enneking, M.D. (founding chair of the department of orthopaedics and rehabilitation). Good also presented service pins to professors with 20, 30 and 40 years of consecutive service to the college.
In addition, several professors were acknowledged for their efforts in education, research and clinical practice, and seven faculty members received Lifetime Achievement Awards for their contributions to the college.
- Clinical Science Teacher of the Year: Robert Hatch, M.D., of the department of community health and family medicine
- Basic Science Teacher of the Year: Peter Sayeski, Ph.D., of the department of physiology and functional genomics
- Basic Science: Laura Ranum, Ph.D., of the department of molecular genetics and microbiology
- Clinical Science: Kenneth Cusi, M.D., of the department of medicine
UF Research Foundation Awards
- Scott Berceli, M.D., Ph.D., of the department of surgery
- Martin Cohn, Ph.D., of the department of molecular genetics and microbiology
- Roland Herzog, Ph.D., of the department of pediatrics
- Sara Jo Nixon, Ph.D., of the department of psychiatry
- Elizabeth Shenkman, Ph.D., of the department of health outcomes and policy
Paulus Award for Clinical Excellence
- Jennifer Light, M.D., FAAP, of the department of emergency medicine
Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Linda Morgan, M.D.*, of the department of obstetrics and gynecology
- Mohan Raizada, Ph.D., of the department of physiology and functional genomics
- William Friedman, M.D.*, of the department of neurosurgery
- Patricia Abbitt, M.D., of the department of radiology
- Richard Conti, M.D., of the department of medicine
- Mary Lou Behnke, M.D.*, of the department of pediatrics
- Paul Dell, M.D.*, of the department of orthopaedics and rehabilitation
*Denotes a graduate or former resident of the UF College of Medicine