App puts safety in your handsBy Laura Castro
Published: November 2nd, 2016 • Category: Students
Thanks to a new UF Health app, assistance is just a screen-touch away to help us feel safe and secure on campus. UF Health Protect is a free, user-friendly personal safety app for UF Health faculty, staff and students. It offers intuitive navigation to quickly connect users with an assortment of digital safety tools. Wherever you are, UF Health Protect is here to help you stay safe.
Access it on your mobile device: Search any app store for “UF Health Protect.”
Here are a few of the app’s features:
- If you are walking alone, you can virtually connect with someone you trust through the Friend Walk feature. Send your exact location to a friend to give them access to your real-time movements on a map. With a simple notification you can prompt them to call emergency services or alert them that you arrived safely at your destination.
- Use the Safety Toolbox to sound a loud alarm from your mobile device, share your location with a friend or email a question to the UF Health Shands Security team.
- Skip the dialing! The Emergency Contacts feature allows you to quickly connect with UF Health Shands Security or 911 emergency response personnel.
Report a Tip
- At UF Health, our goal is to ensure the safest environment possible. Use the Report a Tip function to notify Security about suspicious activity or behavior. You’ll have the option to email, instant message or call in the information.
- Never miss your shuttle! The Transport feature tracks UF Health Shands shuttles on their routes to provide safety and convenience to riders. It uses data from a popular mobile app called TransLoc Rider (also available on its own) to show each shuttle’s estimated time of arrival. You can even see bus icons moving along the colorful routes.